INSURANCE INDEMNITY NOTICE
It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved in visiting remote areas and engaging in potentially dangerous activities. To take part in one of our retreats, you must be covered by adequate insurance for the
duration of the retreat and for the activities undertaken. The insurance must cover for cancellation and curtailment, medical and emergency expenses (including repatriation), personal accident, injury and death. In addition, you should be insured against loss of/damage of personal possessions and flight cancellations/delays.
Please select one of the following options:
I am insured for the retreat detailed on this booking form and my insurance details are:
(Please enter the insurance company named on your policy document, not the broker, bank or agent from whom you purchased the policy)
Terms & Conditions
- A reservation is made once a booking form, together with a deposit, has been received from you and the booking is confirmed in writing by SCOTLAND: The Big Picture. Provisional bookings can be held for 14 days, pending receipt of a completed booking form. You must provide us with details of any dietary requirements, medical conditions or any other special requirements you have when completing the booking form.
- Deposits paid are not refundable. The date the balance is payable will be advised by us when we confirm your booking. Unless notice of cancellation is received prior to the balance payment date, balance monies will remain due and payable. Website prices are quoted in UK sterling.
- SCOTLAND: The Big Picture reserves the right to change the programme or retreat guide due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control. Any significant alterations will be advised to you, and any alterations so made will be of a similar quality to those described on the website.
- During the retreat, you must behave in a way that is not disruptive, upsetting or dangerous to you or anyone else and you must follow the reasonable requests of the leader. SCOTLAND: The Big Picture will be able to terminate your participation in the retreat if your behaviour is in its reasonable opinion in breach of this obligation and in such circumstances SCOTLAND: The Big Picture will have no further liability to you.
- If SCOTLAND: The Big Picture needs to cancel a retreat for any reason, a full refund of the amount paid by you to SCOTLAND: The Big Picture will be made, however no further liability can be accepted by SCOTLAND: The Big Picture.
- To ensure compliance with Package Travel Regulations, all monies received by SCOTLAND: The Big Picture will be paid into a trust account until the retreat is completed. Details of trustees are available on request.
- In the event of significant/abnormal supply price increases between a retreat being advertised and it taking place, SCOTLAND: The Big Picture reserves the right to alter the overall charge for the retreat.
- SCOTLAND: The Big Picture will not be liable for any cost and/or loss you incur which is as a result of: (a) your actions or the actions of a third party unconnected with SCOTLAND: The Big Picture, which SCOTLAND: The Big Picture could not reasonably foresee or forestall; and (b) any unusual and/or unforeseeable event beyond SCOTLAND: The Big Picture’s reasonable control.
- By booking onto one of our retreats, you accept the hazards involved in visiting remote areas and engaging in potentially dangerous activities. In order to participate, you must be covered by adequate insurance for the duration of the retreat and for the activities undertaken. The Insurance Indemnity Notice must be completed and returned to SCOTLAND: The Big Picture prior to the retreat.
SCOTLAND: The Big Picture is a trading style of Wild Media Foundation, a Company Limited by Guarantee and registered in Scotland, No. SC352287.