Lerrocks Farm, Argaty, Doune, Stirling
A livestock farm in south Perthshire consisting of farmland, woodland, hill land and a series of ponds, Lerrocks Farm is a family-run business focused on regenerative livestock farming, eco-tourism and sustainable self-catering accommodation. The farm is well known to wildlife enthusiasts and photographers as the home to the famous Argaty Red Kite centre and for its bird and red squirrel watching hides. It has also been recognised as a Dragonfly Hotspot by the British Dragonfly Society.
Key rewilding commitments:
- MORE NATIVE WOODLAND: Plant native trees and wildflowers.
- MORE SPACE FOR WATER: Create ponds.
- JOINED UP HABITATS: Create suitable habitat to drive wildlife connectivity.
- RETURN MISSING SPECIES: Beaver re-introduction.
- CREATE REWILDING BUSINESS: Demonstrate the compatibility of rewilding and farming.
"We are passionately committed to both farming and rewilding, and hope that Argaty can be in the vanguard of both ecological recovery and rural enterprise in the area."
Tom Bowser, Co-owner